Thursday, February 14, 2008

Introduction

So, I've never blogged before. In fact, I find it hard to even keep a journal - although I do have one and entries come every few months or so. Nonetheless, as the description above explains, I really do want to keep everyone updated on my travels. So for my youth group, family, friends and anyone else who's asked about what I've been up to lately, well, this is for you!

I imagine a quick introduction would be appropriate. Most of you obviously know me (or else you wouldn't be reading this), but I haven't had the time to update everyone thoroughly. Well, I am 25 years old and a graduate of Stetson University. I just applied to law school for this upcoming Fall and have been accepted at Boston University and Fordham so far (still waiting to hear from others). Since graduating college, I've had the opportunity to travel all over the United States (I played in the 2007 World Series of Poker in Las Vegas and took a 4,000 mile road trip up the east coast into Nova Scotia, among other trips) and I've been to South and Central America as well. I've volunteered in Colombia and El Salvador and am currently back in Colombia to spend 2 months, after which I'll be hiking through Ecuador, Bolivia and Peru until May.

For a great look at what I did last time in Colombia, click here to read the report we published.

I've been volunteering with an organization called Partners of the Americas and that is found on their Florida Chapter website. You can also research the rest of the website for all sorts of helpful information, including how you can become involved if you want to.

For some great pictures, check out my facebook photo albums of my trip to Colombia here and here. Each picture has my commentary so it's a great way for a quick intro.

Without getting into too much detail, that gives you some background on my past travels. If you want to know more, obviously feel free to ask!

Well, believe it or not, I just arrived to Bogota tonight! I'm exhausted but wanted to take the time to write this intro. I'll write more soon!

No comments: